Couple overdose at McDonald's

, Posted: Fri, March 14 2014 at 10:11 AM, Updated: Fri, March 14 2014 at 10:16 AM

Green Township, Ohio. -- (WLWT)  An Indiana couple is facing charges after police said they were found passed out on heroin inside a busy McDonald's play area.

Robert Palmer, 37, and Tamica Jeffers, 33, both admitted snorting heroin, according to court documents. 

Police said both had "life-threatening" overdoses.

The couple's children, an 8-year-old boy and 5-year-old girl, were found in the play area.

"This is ridiculous. I mean, we have people sometimes that we find that have used heroin usually parked in the car that are in need of medical attention but this is unusual for the fact that they were supposed to be caring for two young children," Green Township Police Chief Bart West said.

The pair were in court Thursday on child endangering charges. Bond for Palmer was set at $10,000, while Jeffers was given $6,000 bond.

West said both parents said they use heroin a few times a month. Palmer told officers that he has been addicted to pain killers since he was 14 years old.

Municipal Court Judge Megan Shanahan ordered Palmer to stay away from the two children.

Police said Palmer and Jeffers are the parents of the 5-year-old girl and that the 8-year-old boy is Jeffers' son.

The children have been placed with their grandfather.

Read more:

What do you think? Sound off on our Facebook page and on Twitter, or leave a comment below.

Leave a Comment:

Note: Comments with profanity are automatically filtered and hidden. Verbal attacks towards others via our comments section will not be tolerated.