Emergency crews from all over the Rogue Valley were called out to a house fire in Eagle Point early Monday morning.
A structure fire was reported just after 1 am, on the corner of Arrowhead Trail and Sandpines Drive.
Both Eagle Point, and Medford fire crews responded to the blaze.
Officials say the two residents inside were able to make it out ok, but they lost a dog to the fire.
At this point, officials believe the fire spread from an ash tray, after it caught a garbage can on fire in the garage.
The investigation will continue later Monday.