Lizard heating lamp causes small fire in Ashland.

, Written by Kyle Aevermann, Posted: Sun, August 17 2014 at 11:18 PM, Updated: Sun, August 17 2014 at 11:35 PM

Lizard heating lamp causes small fire in Ashland.

Ashland, Ore.  -- A lizard heat lamp is being blamed for starting a small fire inside of an Ashland home.

Ashland Fire and Rescue responded to a report of a fire on the 300 block of Idaho street around 7 Sunday morning.

Firefighters say the heat lamp was sitting on the wood floor of the home, and started burning downwards into the ground.

The fire did an estimated $5,000-$10,000 worth of damage.

Just like other heating lamps, fire crews say make sure there is nothing that can easily catch on fire nearby.

Copyright KOBI-TV. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without written permission.

What do you think? Sound off on our Facebook page and on Twitter, or leave a comment below.

About the Author

Kyle Aevermann

Kyle Aevermann reports weekdays and anchors NBC 5 News Weekends. He joined NBC 5 News in March 2012 as a morning producer and reporter. Prior to joining KOBI, Kyle interned at KISL-FM on Catalina Island, CA. He was also a regular contributor to CNN's citizen journalism program.

Originally from the Chicago-land area, Kyle moved to the Pacific Northwest in 2009 to work in the social media industry. Kyle enjoys hiking, traveling, learning about cultures, and has a serious love for food.

Catch Kyle anchoring weekends on NBC 5 News at 6pm and 11pm.

Connect with Kyle

Leave a Comment:

Note: Comments with profanity are automatically filtered and hidden. Verbal attacks towards others via our comments section will not be tolerated.