Please note: This article was written February 6th, 2013 and the information in it does not apply to later years.
The AARP to offer free income tax preparation for the 2013 tax season in the Rogue Valley. Trained volunteers are available at several are locations including the Rogue Valley Mall from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through April 15, 2013.
Spouses need to be present for joint filing and you will need to bring your social security cards, photo id, W-2's, 1099's, and any other income or expense records plus your 2011 tax return.
Here is a listing of locations and times:
- United Church of Christ, 1801 E. Jackson St., Medford, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Medford Senior Center, 510 E. Main St., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday and Thursday (please call 772-2273 for appointments).
- Southern Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing, 228 N. Holly St., Medford, noon to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Santo Center, 701 N. Columbus Ave., Medford, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Rogue Family Center, 3131 Ave. C, White City, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday through Thursday.
- Jacksonville Library, 340 West C St., Jacksonville, noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Pioneer Hall, 73 Winburn Way, Ashland, 9 a.m. to noon Monday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Phoenix Library, 510 West First St., noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- Talent Library, 101 Holmes St., 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday.
Or, for more information, you can call 1-888-227-7669.