Aloha Boy Severely Burned at Easter Cookout

, Posted: Mon, April 9 2012 at 8:09 AM, Updated: Mon, April 9 2012 at 8:30 AM

A six-year-old Aloha, Oregon boy is recovering after being severely burned in a grill explosion during his family's Easter holiday cookout.

Officials say the little boy was standing near his mother while she tried to light a charcoal grill with a highly explosive gas, that is made for remote control cars.

The blast was so strong it threw debris onto the roof and people throughout the neighborhood heard the explosion.

The boy is now being treated for burns to his face and hands, and is expected to survive.

Police say they believe it was an accident and don't plan to file charges.

Leave a Comment:

Note: Comments with profanity are automatically filtered and hidden. Verbal attacks towards others via our comments section will not be tolerated.