Cause of Fire in Central Point Determined

, Posted: Wed, April 18 2012 at 11:23 PM, Updated: Wed, April 18 2012 at 11:25 PM

Fire investigators say the central point fire that claimed a 70-year old woman's life last Friday was caused by a lit cigarette.

Officials found 70 year old Joyce Esposito in her mountain view drive home on Friday afternoon.

Esposito lived in one side of the duplex, the other is empty.

Fire District 3 and Medford Fire crews responded to the scene.

Leave a Comment:

Note: Comments with profanity are automatically filtered and hidden. Verbal attacks towards others via our comments section will not be tolerated.