Cause Of White City Fire Determined

, Posted: Wed, July 17 2013 at 10:38 PM, Updated: Wed, July 17 2013 at 11:15 PM

A 5.6 acre fire in white city has left one mobile home damaged and all because officials say an umbrella blew onto a power poll. Around 2;30 today fire crews battles the blaze that spread after an umbrella from a neighbors garage sale blew into a power lines, caught fire, fell to the ground and lit the surrounding grasses. An umbrella from Pat Angelucci's garage sale flies off into a power pole in white city and catches fire. "All of a sudden I heard this big roar I look out the window and going by was my canopy" said Pat Angelucci. Mark Northrop, with Jackson County Fire District, said "It's like a whirlwind went through somebody's yard picked up a patio umbrella blew it into some power lines lit the umbrella on fire and when it dropped to the ground it started a fire in the ditch." Medford, ODF, and Jackson County fire crews arrived the this field at 2:30 pm Wednesday after stiff winds spread the fire to a nearby mobile home where a dog inside was rescued. Officials say they did not received any reports of injuries. "I'm glad that's all it I was more worried about the fire then anything else" said Angelucci. Fire crews say the fire did burn 5.6 acres but they have it 100 percent contained.

What do you think? Sound off on our Facebook page and on Twitter, or leave a comment below.

Leave a Comment:

Note: Comments with profanity are automatically filtered and hidden. Verbal attacks towards others via our comments section will not be tolerated.