An early morning fire caused about 20 thousand dollars worth of damage to a duplex apartment complex in Klamath Falls.
Erica Levey and Nicholas Derosier woke up to a fire at their home in the Mills Addition on Eberlein Avenue just before 7 this morning. "We don't know - we think it was an electrical problem" said Levey. Derosier added: "I woke up to smoke this morning, so I automatically went and woke her (Erica) up, and grabbed the dog and got out."
The fire began in the apartment next door, where Erica's sister Echo Levey lives. Echo Levey and her children had been out of town for the past 2 days.
Investigators believe that an electric wall heater that was thought to be broken started up when temperatures dropped Thursday night. "Something got pushed up against the heater at some point, and started the fire" said Tom Morehouse of Klamath County Fire District #1.
The experience is something that Nicholas Derosier won't forget. "All the smoke was coming from the neighbor's house, all four of the corners - it was pretty crazy."
There were no injuries.