Energy Bill Assistance

, Posted: Mon, December 10 2012 at 12:40 PM, Updated: Mon, December 10 2012 at 12:47 PM

Those who are in need of assistance in paying their energy bills have several options. You must first qualify as low-income and have a 72 hour shut off notice. You can contact The Salvation Army to make a sit down appointment with their family services department at 541-772-8149. Other organizations like ACCESS may also provide help through funding and donations. 

Before contacting those organizations try calling your power company to discuss different payment options. Often you can choose a payment plan that averages your monthly payments. There is help for those in need.

Leave a Comment:

Note: Comments with profanity are automatically filtered and hidden. Verbal attacks towards others via our comments section will not be tolerated.