Fire Burns Water Pipes; Water Extinguishes Fire

, Posted: Sun, December 22 2013 at 10:38 PM, Updated: Sun, December 22 2013 at 10:41 PM

A close call for an east Medford family after a small fire broke out in their master bathroom.

At around three Sunday afternoon Medford Fire & Rescue arrived at the house on the 3000 block of Wheat Ridge Road.

Fire investigators were able to determine that an unattended candle was to blame.

However, the fire burned through the water lines under the sink and the water from those lines was able to put the fire out.

The owner is relieved it didn't spread through the whole house.

Firefighters says there is a lot of smoke damage the throughout house but the family will be able to stay in the home.

What do you think? Sound off on our Facebook page and on Twitter, or leave a comment below.

Leave a Comment:

Note: Comments with profanity are automatically filtered and hidden. Verbal attacks towards others via our comments section will not be tolerated.