A mother and daugher are picking up the pieces after a weekend fire destroyed their home in Klamath Falls.
Noel Nuno knew something was very wrong when she got up just before dawn on Saturday...
"I got up, and I heard some popping sounds - and so I went to the bathroom, to turn on a light, but there was no electricity."
Nuno was about to discover that her house was on fire.
"I went outside, and that's when I saw the fire right by mom's room - and I got in the house, and woke everybody up, and called 911. And then it burned."
Nuno, her mother Marilyn Ketscher, and their two dogs were able to get out safely. Investigator Scott Rice of Klamath County Fire District #1 says the fire began in the attic from an electrical overload...
"There wasn't any permanent heat in the building, so they were using portable heaters to stay warm. Portable heaters take a lot of draw. They had a lot of old wiring connected with some new wiring."
Nuno and her mother are now staying with some close friends.
"We're going to move across the street, thanks to our neighbors. Our neighbors have been really helpful."
No dollar estimate of damage has been made.