Autopsy results just in say Ashley Long died accidentally from inhaling helium. Meanwhile, the woman accused of furnishing alcohol, marijuana and helium to the 14-year old girl who died at her home is free today.
Katherine McAloon was expected to be arraigned on charges Tuesday but instead her case has been pushed back and she's free on bail.
14-year old Ashley Long died Saturday night almost immediately after ingesting helium from a tank at the Medford home of Katherine McAloon.
McAloon, charged with 7 counts of furnishing alcohol to a minor and two counts of delivering marijuana to a minor... is now free after posting bail.
"It's still under investigation."
Jackson County Deputy District Attorney Beth Heckert is leading the investigation... and while Ashley Long's family says they want McAloon held responsible...
"She needs to be put away for manslaughter."
Heckert says they would have to prove McAloon knew it was potentially fatal and did nothing to prevent it.
"It may be difficult to prove manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide with the facts that we have here."
Heckert says the investigation is ongoing.
"We have to show in criminal negligence that a person should have known of the risk and disregarded it."
Now that the autopsy is in... it would be difficult to prove McAloon knew helium could or would be fatal. She is due back in court on March 20th.