A Central Point home is in rubble, after fire tore through it destroying everything inside, even taking the lives of the family's pets.
Flames and smoke billowed out of a Central Point home on Scenic Avenue Thursday night.
"There were reports the house was 50% engulfed in fire and the first engine on scene confirmed that," said Rod Edwards, Jackson County Fire District 3.
Firefighters from both Jackson County Fire District 3 and Medford Fire helped put out the flames.
Access to a hydrant temporarily closed a portion of Highway 99, but officials say, it did not slow the process.
No one was home when the fire started, except for several of the family's pets, including several birds and 2 dogs. Only one of which was able to escape.
Fire investigators were on scene Friday and determined the fire was started by a propane fueled space heater, which may have caused nearby items to catch fire and destroy the home.
something investigators say could have easily been prevented.
Damage at the property is estimated at $100,000.