Posted: Mon, December 31 2012 at 8:09 AM, Updated: Mon, December 31 2012 at 8:33 AM
Crews responded to a two alarm fire at an Ashland home late Sunday night.
The call came in around 10:45, sending fire crews from Ashland, Medford, and Jacksonville to the fire on Lincoln street.
Firefighters arrived to find the kitchen and dining room ablaze.
The homeowners weren't there at the time, luckily their cat was able to make it out alive.
No other injuries were reported. At this point, officials believe the fire started in the kitchen.
The investigation is ongoing.