To enter go to SOSubaru.com
“WHERE’S JEFF IN THE SUBARU TODAY” CONTEST
August 8th, 2016-August 19th, 2016
Revised 7/20/16 1:05pm
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ODDS OF WINNING ARE BASED ON NUMBER OF CORRECT ENTRIES.
- Eligibility. Subject to the conditions below, the “Where’s Jeff in the Subaru Today” Contest (also referred to as “Contest”) is open to all Southern Oregon and Northern California residents within the Medford/Klamath Falls broadcast DMA (Dominate Market Area) who are 18 years or older at the time of the Contest. The DMA consists of the following counties: Jackson, Josephine, Siskiyou, Douglas, Lake, Curry, Klamath, Coos and Lane. All Contestants must have a valid driver’s license or alternate state or federally issued identification that indicates proof of age and current, legal residency within the Medford/Klamath Falls DMA to enter the Contest. The Contest is not open to California Oregon Broadcasting Inc. employees, the employees of Southern Oregon Subaru, Inc. (SOS), employees of Sun River Resort, employees of Cicily’s Pastaria & Grill, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Contest, “immediate family members” are defined as a Contestant’s spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
- How to Participate in the Contest. Contestants are eligible to win one of ten (10) daily prizes that will be awarded once per day within the 10 active dates of the Contest. (Monday through Friday, August 8th through August 12th and Monday through Friday, August 15th through August 19th.) Only one valid entry per Contestant per day will be accepted. To participate in the Contest, Contestants must watch NBC5 News at Sunrise (M-F 5:30am-7am). During NBC5 News at Sunrise, Meteorologist Jeff Heaton or another on-air talent will offer three clues about the secret daily location to which he drove a Subaru. Once the clues are offered, Contestants enter their guess of the location at sosubaru.com. By Noon PDT, a Contestant with the correct answer will be randomly chosen from Entrants with the correct answer. That evening, within NBC5 News at 6 (M-F 6pm-7pm), Meteorologist Adam Colpack or another on-air talent will reveal Jeff’s location. The Daily Conditional Winner will be eligible for a $50.00 gift card from Cicily’s Pastoria & Grill and a Silver Level Auto Detail from Southern Oregon Subaru, valued at $49.99. Daily “Winners” will also be eligible to win the Grand Prize: A Sun River Resort Gift Card valued at $2,000.00 plus a gas card valued at $500.00. All Sun River Resort, SOS and Cicily’s conditions and restrictions apply. Contestants chosen for daily prizes are considered “Conditional Winners” until proper legal identification is provided to the Contest Administrator or another qualified Contest representative. Once a Conditional Winner’s identity is verified, he/she becomes one of ten (10) Daily Winners and is eligible for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be announced anytime during NBC5 News at 6pm on Monday, August 22nd, 2016.
- How Winners are Chosen. Each weekday morning, during the Contest Period beginning on Monday, August 8th through Friday, August 19th, 2016, KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2’s Meteorologist Jeff Heaton will broadcast clues about the secret location to which Jeff drove the Subaru. Entrants will then enter their guess at sosubaru.com. Guesses may be entered until 12noon PDT that day. Only one entry will be accepted per Contestant. That evening, in a pre-taped message within NBC5 News at 6 (M-F 6pm-7pm), Jeff will reveal his location. Then a randomly chosen Contestant will be announced by NBC5 News Meteorologist Adam Colpack or another on-air anchor. The randomly chosen Contestant will be chosen from all Contestants with the correct answer by representatives of SOS or KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2. The chosen Contestant will be notified by phone or email. The Contestant must be at least 18 years of age; he/she must be declared by KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 to be the randomly selected entrant with the correct answer; and he/she must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. If he/she satisfies all of these requirements, a Contestant becomes a “Conditional Winner.” Conditional Winners become Daily Winners upon verification and compliance with all terms and conditions in these Official Rules, including verification of identity. KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2’s determination of the randomly selected Entrant will be final and binding in all respects. Neither SOS or KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 will be responsible for any technical problems, failures or malfunctions of any kind that would inhibit the potential Contestants from participating in this Contest.
- Prize Descriptions, Values and Odds of Winning. All Daily Winners are eligible to receive a professional car detail from Southern Oregon Subaru (Value: $49.99) and a Gift Card from Cicily’s Pastoria and Grill (Value: $50.00). Among the 10 Daily Winners, 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly chosen. He/she receives a Sun River Gift Card (Value: $2,000.00. Does not include gratuity.) And a “Gas Card.” (Value: $500.00) Total Value of Grand Prize: $2,500.00. Odds of winning one of the ten (10) daily prizes depend on the total number of entrants participating during the Contest Period.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Before a Conditional Winner becomes a Daily Winner and awarded a daily prize, KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 will, in its sole discretion, verify that the Conditional Winner is the individual on the specified date for which that person was chosen and that he/she has complied with these Official Rules. Within seven (7) days from conditionally winning a daily prize, Conditional Winners must visit the KOBI-TV NBC5 or KOTI-TV NBC2 studios and present proof of eligibility (including proof of minimum eligible age at the time of entry and current Medford/Klamath Falls DMA residency at the time of entry). A valid state driver’s license or state or federally issued identity cards are acceptable forms of proof. Any daily prizes not claimed in this manner will be awarded to an alternate Entrant or retained by the Contest Sponsor. Further, before any daily prizes are awarded, a Conditional Winner may be required to complete and return to KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release form. Failure to sign and return a required affidavit or release within ten (10) days of delivery (or sender’s postmark, if sent by mail), or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, result in a Conditional Winner’s disqualification and the forfeiture of his/her interest in the prize. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prizes, including the Contest’s Grand Prize, are not redeemable for cash. Winners are solely responsible for payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes each contestant’s consent to the publication of his/her name, voice, likeness, image, biographical information, and hometown in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose (including broadcast, print, internet, and other media) without limitation or further compensation. For a list of Prize Winners (available after August 22nd, 2016) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, “Where’s Jeff in the Subaru Today” Contest, 125 S. Fir St., Medford, OR 97501. Attention: Amanda Guthmiller. These rules are also available on line at kobi5.com and sosubaru.com.
- Participation. By participating, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Participation in this Contest authorizes SOS to add the Contestant’s email address to the SOS database. In addition, Winners will permit the use of their name and likeness in any promotional materials, including print, digital and/or broadcast. KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2. In the event the Contest is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 and/or SOS, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
- Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any Contestant and KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Oregon, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Oregon. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
- Disclaimer. “Where’s Jeff in the Subaru Today” Contest is sponsored by KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2. The Sponsor and participating businesses are not responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials, print or digital, relating to the Contest. Neither SOS, KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, Sun River Resort or Cicily’s Pastoria & Grill will be responsible for events that may affect the implementation of the Contest including human error or any technical problems, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, failure or malfunction of any telephone equipment, line or network, failures or malfunctions of any third party internet service provider or internal digital network that prevents Contestants from becoming Conditional Winners and then becoming Winners, eligible to claim any prizes. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, “Where’s Jeff in the Subaru Today” Contest, 125 S. Fir St., Medford, OR 97501. Attention: Amanda Guthmiller.