Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 is looking for an enthusiastic News Anchor/Multimedia Journalist to join our NBC5 News team. A qualified candidate will have a journalism degree or equivalent, will have solid reporting experience and the ability to professionally report news on-air, have at least 1 year of experience anchoring newscasts, enterprising stories, producing, filming, and editing. Proficiency with a newsroom computer system and knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, are requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Producing newscast(s)
• Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors, and reporters
• Anchoring newscasts
• Developing content for social media platforms
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
• At least 1 year of anchoring experience
• Knowledge of news gathering and production
• Strong writing, reporting, and organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally in high-pressure situations and without supervision
*Please include a link to your newsreel*
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check, and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. KOBI-TV NBC5 requires all new hires to be COVID-19 vaccinated and up-to-date, which does include boosters. A valid driver’s license is also required.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
If you meet the qualifications above, send your Cover Letter and Resume via one of the options below. You will be sent an application to complete. You are not considered an “applicant” until an application is returned to us. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Email to: h[email protected]. Please include the following in your email message:
• The Job Title in the Subject Line
• Resume and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format only
2. Mail to the physical address below
Director of HR
125 S. Fir St.
Medford, OR 97501
1. Submit a Resume
2. Complete a Zoom interview (may be waived if local)
3. Submit an Employment Application (we will email it to you)
4. Complete an in-person interview
5. Reference Checks
6. Conditional Offer Pending Background Check, DMV Record Check, and Drug Screen Results (Including marijuana)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.