Website KOBI-TV NBC5
Locally owned KOBI-TV NBC5 in Medford, OR, is seeking an experienced Anchor/Producer to join our NBC5 News team. Do you have a strong background in anchoring, producing, reporting, and editing, are proficient with newsroom computer systems, and know social media platforms? This is the right job for you!
Job duties for this position include:
• Anchoring newscast(s)
• Determines the order and the time given for stories to be presented on the news
• Selects stories to air during the show, proofreads all reporters’ scripts for content and accuracy & approves final scripts
• Researching and writing original reports
• Edits and assembles new stories
• Adding stories to the KOBI website and social media sites
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• College degree in journalism/communications or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of news gathering, production, and writing
• Knowledge of journalism policies and practices
• Ability to professionally report news on-air
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and without supervision
• Ability to maintain working relationships with staff and the general public
***Applications must include a link to your newsreel***
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, including marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are pre-employment requirements for a candidate offered the position. We also require all hires to vaccinate against COVID-19 fully and have updated boosters.
If you meet the qualifications above, send your Cover Letter and Resume via one of the options below. You will be sent an application to complete. You are not considered an “applicant” until an application is returned to us. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Email to: h[email protected]. Please include the following in your email message:
• The Job Title in the Subject Line
• Resume and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format only
2. Mail to the physical address below:
Director of HR
125 S. Fir St.
Medford, OR 97501
1. Submit a Resume
2. Complete a Zoom interview (may be waived if local)
3. Submit an Employment Application (we will email it to you)
4. Complete an in-person interview
5. Reference Checks
6. Conditional Offer Pending Background Check, DMV Record Check, and Drug Screen Results (Including marijuana)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.