Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for an Executive Producer for our NBC5 newscasts. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume. Newsroom experience is required, and anchoring is a plus!
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Producing newscast(s)
• Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors and reporters
• Assisting News Director as needed
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• College degree
• Newsroom leadership experience
• Knowledge of news gathering, production and writing
• Strong writing, reporting and organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally in high-pressure situations and without supervision
• The ability to work with the news team and general public
• Ability to present news stories and/or anchor on air a strong plus!
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
The FCC licenses KOBI-TV NBC5; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate must pass a 10-panel drug screen, including marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements. We require all new hires to be COVID-19 vaccinated and up-to-date, including booster(s). A valid driver’s license is also required.
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email ([email protected]) or to the physical address below:
Kris Gushwa, Director of HR
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
Hiring Process: 1. Submit a Resume 2. Complete a Zoom interview (may be waived if local) 3. Submit an Employment Application (we will email it to you) 4. Complete an in-person interview 5. Reference Checks 6. Conditional Offer Pending Background Check, DMV Record Check, and Drug Screen Results (Including marijuana)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.