Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 is looking for an enthusiastic News Anchor/Multimedia Journalist to join our NBC5 News
team. A qualified candidate will have a journalism degree or equivalent, will have solid reporting
experience and the ability to professionally report news on-air, have at least 1 year of experience
anchoring newscasts, enterprising stories, producing, filming, and editing. Proficiency with a newsroom
computer system and knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, are
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Producing newscast(s)
• Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors, and reporters
• Anchoring newscasts
• Developing content for social media platforms
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
• At least 1 year of anchoring experience
• Knowledge of news gathering and production
• Strong writing, reporting, and organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally in high-pressure situations and without supervision
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since
marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a
10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3 year driving record check, and a 7 year criminal
background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. We also
require all hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental,
vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short-term disability, paid sick
leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Please send a link to your reel and/or website link, cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via
email ([email protected])or to the physical address below:
KOBI TV NBC5/KOTI TV NBC2 Craig Smullin, News Director 125 South Fir Street Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com