Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for a PM Anchor to join our NBC5
News at Team. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves
newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling
must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume.
Proficiency with a newsroom computer system and knowledge of social media platforms,
such as Facebook and Twitter, are requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Producing newscast(s)
• Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors and reporters
• Anchoring newscasts
• Developing content for social media platforms
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
• At least 1 year of anchoring experience
• Knowledge of news gathering and production
• Strong writing, reporting and organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally in high pressure situations and without supervision
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes:
medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance,
short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email to
[email protected] or to the physical address below:
Director of Human Resources
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
If e-mailing your resume, please include the following:
1. State the job title in the subject line of the e-mail AND the body of the message.
2. A link to news reel on resume or the body of the message.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We will send an application for you to complete. You are not considered an “applicant” until
we receive a complete application.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal
guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate
would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year
driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment
requirements. We also require all new staff members to be up-to-date with CDC COVID-19
California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate because of race, color, sex, religion, age, or national origin.
California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc., Medford, Oregon. Established in 1933.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com