Barn catches fire north of Grants Pass

barn fire 2Three Pines, Ore. — Hundreds of cigarettes are the likely cause of a barn fire near Three Pines, about 10 miles north of Grants Pass.

Rural-Metro Fire says firefighters arrived on the 500 block of Canyon Oak Drive to find the back wall burning with smoke coming out the front of the barn.

The fire was extinguished quickly before catching the nearby grass on fire. No one was injured.

Investigators said the cause was probably due to a large cigarette butt can which showed hundreds of filters above the sand line.

Leave a Comment:

Note: By commenting below you agree to abide by the KOBI5.com commenting guidelines. View the KOBI5.com Comment Board Guidelines »