Four people, 12 dogs safe after early morning fire

Central Point, Ore. — A family out of their home after their garage caught fire early Tuesday morning.

Four people and 12 dogs are safe after their garage caught fire around 1:30 a.m.

Ashley Lara with Fire District 3 said, “They were awaken by a large boom coming from their attached garage it was fully engulfed when they were able to take a look at it.”

Fire district 3 responded to the fire.

Crews were able to stop the flames from spreading to the rest of the home. While the flames were knocked down, there is smoke damage to the house.

The homeowners are staying with friends until they can figure out what’s next. But they weren’t the only ones to escape the flames.

Three dogs and nine 4-week-old puppies were saved as well.

Firefighters said the puppies have some minor burns, but they’re all expected to make a full recovery.

The puppies were taken to Best Friends Animal Hospital in Talent to be treated.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was due to the “unintentional failure of an electrical panel.”

Skip to content