Medford, Ore. — Police in Medford are investigating the death of a local dog.
It’s owner says a vet confirmed it was poisoned.
Susan Crutchfield is now warning her neighbors.
Crutchfield lives off of Beatty Street.
She says she let her 6-year-old chocolate lab named “Ali” out into her front yard around four in the morning on Sunday.
Then two hours later, Ali passed away.
According to Crutchfield, the vet has confirmed she died from poisoning in food.
“There were no signs of anything. She was playful… everything… just normal as can be. And then she was gone, literally,” Crutchfield said.
While Crutchfield wants everyone to be on the lookout, she doesn’t think the malicious act was random.
She says she was threatened by a neighbor several weeks ago.
Crutchfield says she is now installing security cameras in case something happens to another one of her two dogs.