Cooking fire consumes Grants Pass home, kills two dogs

House FireGrants Pass, Ore. — A home has $85,000 worth of damage after a cooking fire consumed more than 75 percent of it.

Fire crews responded to the fire around 5:30 Sunday afternoon on the Riverbanks Road area, west of Grants Pass.

The fire was brought under control within 30 minutes but two dogs died as a result. No one was hurt. The fire spread after a fire extinguisher was used to try to put out the fire.

Fire crews say the best way to extinguish a cooking fire is too cover it with a water- soaked towel.

© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content