Fire destroys Shady Cove home

Shady Cove, Ore. — A family is safe after their trailer went up in flames in Shady Cove.

Jackson County Fire District Four said the double wide trailer on the 100 block of Train Lane is a total loss after the fire ignited Tuesday.

They said three people were in the home at the time. They all got out safely, but two family pets were killed in the fire.

Firefighters said the deck started on fire because of an unattended grill and high winds. The blaze ignited about half an acre of dry grass around the property, and even jumped across the gravel road. Neighbors helped out with hoses until firefighters arrived.

No other structures were damaged. The family is receiving help from the American Red Cross.



© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content