Stranger puts out gasoline fire

Central Point, Ore. — A Central Point man steps in to contain an out of control fire and at the same time he may have saved a home and lives as well.

Joshua Kirkman was driving on the 100 block of Princess way in Central Point at around 9:30am this morning when he saw smoke.

Kirkman says a teenager was playing with gasoline and a lighter in his backyard when the fire got out of control and spread to an RV. It also badly burned the boy.

Before Fire District 3 and Medford Fire responded, Kirkman evacuated the boy’s mother and brother from the home and jumped into action.

Kirkman says he extinguished the fire before crews responded. The boy was transported by Mercy Flights to the hospital for his burn injuries.

Authorities say the fire was deemed unintentional.

 

 

Skip to content