Trail Oregon Fire

Jackson County Fire crews responded to a fire on 227 in trail Monday afternoon. Crews arrived on scene to a home fully engulfed in flames.

The fire caused 5 gallon propane tanks to explode. Homeowner, Connie Russel, was badly burned while trying to put the fire out with a garden hose. She was conscious and was rushed to Rogue Valley Medical Center.

“The homeowner was injured in the fire and received burns to her shoulders and face. She’s being treated at Rogue Valley Medical Center at this time” said Bob Miller, Fire Chief of Jackson County Fire District 4.

The fire also knocked out phone service from the 4300 block of Highway 227 to the Douglas County line.

© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content