MEDFORD, Ore. – 26 people were cited for illegal camping in the latest Bear Creek Greenway enforcement effort.
The nearly 18-mile bike and walking path extends from Ashland to Central Point and has long been a haven for transient activity. The illegal camping sites often accompany a substantial amount of trash.
On August 17, the Medford Police Department announced another “successful greenway sweep.”
MPD posted the following enforcement actions:
- 26 Cited for Prohibited camping
- 6 Cited for Trespass premise
- 4 Cited for Park after close
- 1 Exclusion Issued
- 13 Parole / Probation Clients contacted
- 8 Warrants
- 6 Probation Violations
- 1 Possession of Meth
- 2 Registered Sex offenders contacted
Jackson County Community Justice work crews typically clean up the debris left behind by the illegal campers.