Deputy Greg Fox spotted heavy smoke coming from a home on Orchard Avenue near Washburn Way just before 6:am.
“He alerted the residents there appeared to be a structure fire in their home.” Notes Toni Brimmer of Klamath County Fire District #1. “He was able to evacuate two occupants, two dogs, and alert dispatch that we had an active structure fire.”
The attic was fully involved upon the arrival of fire crews.
There were no injuries.
Investigators believe the fire may have been sparked by an electrical problem in a bathroom.
KOTI-TV NBC2 reporter Lyle Ahrens moved from Nebraska to Klamath Falls in the late 1970’s. He instantly fell in love with the mountains, the trees and the rivers, and never once regretted the move.Lyle’s job history is quite colorful.
He’s managed a pizza parlor; he’s been a bartender, and a “kiwifruit grader” at an organic orchard in New Zealand. A Klamath Falls radio station hired Lyle in the mid 90’s as a news writer and commercial producer. In 2004, Lyle joined the KOTI/KOBI news operation.Lyle notes with pride that he has a big responsibility presenting the Klamath Basin to a wide and varied audience.
“The on-going water crisis has underscored the fact that the people and the issues in the Klamath Basin are every bit as diverse as the terrain. Winning and keeping the trust of the viewers, as well as the newsmakers, is something I strive for with each story”.
When he’s not busy reporting the news, Lyle enjoys astronomy, playing guitar, fixing old radios and listening to anything by Sheryl Crow.