Study: more children accidentally ingesting marijuana

(NBC) – A growing number of children are swallowing marijuana, according to a new study from Nationwide Children’s Hospital. There were nearly 3,000 cases of young kids ingesting marijuana from January 2000 through June 2017.

Over 72% of the children were under three years old and more than half went to the hospital.

The symptoms in the patients ranged from drowsiness and confusion to seizures and coma.

More than 70% of all incidents happened in states that had legalized marijuana.

The researchers used data from the National Poison Data System.

Leave a Comment:

Note: By commenting below you agree to abide by the KOBI5.com commenting guidelines. View the KOBI5.com Comment Board Guidelines »