Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for a Weekend Weather
Forecaster / Multimedia Journalist to join our NBC5 News Team. The ideal candidate
loves weather and breaking news, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right
up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion, as well as
creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume. Proficiency with a newsroom
computer system and knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook and
Twitter, are requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing computer-generated weather reports using a weather graphics system
• Radio weather reporting
• Gathering meteorological information from weather services and satellite feeds
• Presenting informative and dynamic weathercasts during daily newscasts
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Developing content for social media platforms
To qualify for this position, you must have:
o College degree and/or equivalent meteorology and/or reporting experience
o On-air experience
o Knowledge of news gathering and production
o The ability to professionally report news on-air
o Writing, editing, organizational and reporting skills
*Please include a link to your news reel*
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes:
medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life
insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow
federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position,
a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include
marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are
also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. We also require
all hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you meet the qualifying requirements above, please send a cover letter and resume
(in Word or PDF format only), and a web link to a reporter/anchor reel via email
to [email protected] or to the physical address listed below:
Craig Smullin, News Director
125 S. Fir St.
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org