Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for an Executive Producer for our NBC5 newscasts. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly improves newscasts, and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and storytelling must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and volume. Newsroom experience is required, and anchoring is a plus!
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing story ideas and story leads
- Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
- Producing newscast(s)
- Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors, and reporters
- Assisting News Director as needed
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. We also require all new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, to include up-to-date booster.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short-term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- College degree
- Newsroom leadership experience
- Knowledge of news gathering, production, and writing
- Strong writing, reporting, and organizational skills
- Ability to work professionally in high-pressure situations and without supervision
- The ability to work with the news team and general public
- Ability to present news stories and/or anchor on air is a strong plus!
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email to Kris Clarke ([email protected]) or to the physical address below:
Craig Smullin, News Director
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
- The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
- The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
- Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, owned by California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc., is the longest continuously independent broadcast group in the West, and one of the two oldest in the country. The founder of our company, Bill Smullin, often said “most people work 50 weeks a year in order to spend two weeks’ vacation in the beauty of Northern California and Oregon – the area we are fortunate enough to live, work, and play in every day.”
It is the mission of COBi to provide an environment that encourages our staff to enthusiastically join with our viewers and clients in the fun of creativity, service, and work that serves all individuals with quality broadcast.
COBi is continually looking for individuals who embrace our culture and possess skills that will complement our company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com