Website KOBI-TV NBC5
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for an Executive Producer for our
NBC5 newscasts. The ideal candidate loves breaking news and weather, constantly
improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. Writing and
storytelling must be a passion, as well as creating an artful newscast with high pace and
volume. Newsroom experience is required, and anchoring is a plus!
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing story ideas and story leads
• Researching and writing original reports for broadcast and social media
• Producing newscast(s)
• Reviewing newscasts with producers, anchors and reporters
• Assisting News Director as needed
To qualify for this position, you must have:
• College degree
• News room leadership experience
• Knowledge of news gathering, production and writing
• Strong writing, reporting and organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally in high pressure situations and without supervision
• The ability to work with the news team and general public
• Ability to present news stories and/or anchor on air a strong plus!
This is a full time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes:
medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance,
short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC; therefore, we must follow federal
guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate
would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3 year
driving record check, and a 7 year criminal background check are also pre-employment
requirements, for a candidate offered the position.
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email ([email protected]) or to the
physical address below:
Director of HR
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
1. Submit a Resume
2. Complete a Zoom interview (may be waived if local)
3. Submit an Employment Application (we will email it to you)
4. Complete an in-person interview
5. Reference Checks
6. Conditional Offer Pending Background Check, DMV Record Check, and Drug Screen Results (Including marijuana)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, owned by California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc., is the longest continuously independent broadcast group in the West, and one of the two oldest in the country. The founder of our company, Bill Smullin, often said “most people work 50 weeks a year in order to spend two weeks’ vacation in the beauty of Northern California and Oregon – the area we are fortunate enough to live, work, and play in every day.” It is the mission of COBi to provide an environment that encourages our staff to enthusiastically join with our viewers and clients in the fun of creativity, service, and work that serves all individuals with quality broadcast. COBi is continually looking for individuals who embrace our culture and possess skills that will complement our company.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.