Cameras capture e-cigarette blast

NC_ecigexplosion0224_700x394Owensboro, Ky. (WFIE) — An Owensboro, Kentucky man was hospitalized Saturday after an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket.

Surveillance video shows Josh Hamilton was standing in line at the Quality Quick gas station, waiting to be checked out when the battery exploded.

Hamilton rushed past an employee, went outside the door, and struggled to take his burning pants off.

For the full video or to read more:

© 2024 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content