Update: Emergency response to carbon monoxide poisoning in Medford

CO2 poisoning IMG_4148 (4)Medford, Ore. – Eight people are suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning at a shop in North Medford.

According to firefighters, first responders were called to Pete’s Gourmet Confections on the 3000 block of Merriman Road around 5:00 Wednesday night.

According to the fire chief, of the eight people affected, four were taken to the hospital but it doesn’t seem serious.

Emergency crews remained on scene pushing air into the building in an effort to remove the carbon monoxide.

The cause of the leak has not been confirmed but Avista Electric Utilities says it was not due to any natural gas appliances.

NBC5 News will continue to provide updates to this story as they become available.

Leave a Comment:

Note: By commenting below you agree to abide by the KOBI5.com commenting guidelines. View the KOBI5.com Comment Board Guidelines »