Grill explodes in SUV

Orlando, Fla. (WESH) – An Orlando, Florida man and his wife were burned Sunday when the woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion of a propane barbecue grill being transported in her SUV.

The wife lit a cigarette as they left a barbecue at the Central Florida Fairgrounds. The grill exploded moments later, police said.

Police said the grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento as the couple left the barbecue.

The blast caused the driver to crash into a pole. The vehicle sustained extensive damage.

The couple was rushed to Orlando Regional Medical Center, with injuries described as not life-threatening, police said.

Read more: http://bit.ly/2w40vS0

Skip to content