House fire sends one person to the hospital

LAWNDALE HOUSE FIRE PICMedford, Ore.- Firefighters in Medford were called to a structure fire on Lawnridge St. around 9:45 a.m. Thursday morning. The fire quickly grew to two alarms and a huge plume of smoke could be seen throughout the Rogue Valley.

One man was burned in the fire and drove himself to the hospital.

Medford Fire Chief Brian Fish told NBC5 the fire started inside the home at 1492 Lawnridge St. It spread to nearby grassland and into a neighbor’s attic. Firefighters were able to save the neighbor’s home.

A dog inside the original home escaped and is missing, another is unaccounted for.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been released.

© 2024 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content