Oklahoma dog eats Gorilla Glue, requires emergency surgery

0614 Dog eats gorilla glueOklahoma City, Okla (KFOR) — Meet Krystal Wilson and her Weimaraner, Lake, she’s six months old. The puppy’s owner is thankful to have her dog safe after a very close call.

Krystal says a family member brought over some Gorilla Glue for a house project and it was left out, in dog’s reach. Lake was curious, found it, ate it.

That was Thursday, less than 24 hours later, it was obvious the dog was in trouble. “Just a small amount had just swollen up to the size of a turkey leg, it was huge. Pretty much took the size of her stomach,” said Krystal.

Veterinarians worked fast. Within minutes Lake was in surgery. “So the glue, once it gets to the stomach, it slowly starts expanding. You can see here it’s the perfect shape of a stomach, so you get a mold,” said Dr. Leonardo Baez, Midtown Vets.

Dr. Baez said Gorilla Glue has a very sweet taste, appealing to animals and even children, “Just like any other chemical, do it yourself, just put them up high or in a box where the pets and the kids cannot get to it.”

“Puppy-proof your house. Do it again. They can get into anything. Your kids, the same thing,” said Wilson.

The incident was scary lesson for Krystal and her family. “It’s hard not to feel guilty, you feel like you kind of failed. We were very upset that we failed, but you know, you can’t prevent everything,” said Krystal.

Leave a Comment:

Note: By commenting below you agree to abide by the KOBI5.com commenting guidelines. View the KOBI5.com Comment Board Guidelines »