Fingertip served in salad at California Applebee’s

NC_applebees_700x394Calif. — (KSBY) A California woman is awaiting blood test results after finding a bloody fingertip in her salad while dining at a Paso Robles Applebee’s.

On December 20th Cathleen Martin, her husband and young child were eating at the Applebee’s.

Martin says she ordered a Chinese Chicken Salad but found more than just chicken inside.

“So all three of them started eating the salad, ate about half of it, and lifted up a leaf to eat more of the salad, they found the fingertip in blood,” says Eric Traut, the Martin family’s attorney.

A representative from the franchiee that operates the restaurant confirmed the incident in a statement reading in part:

“We deeply regret that the Martin family experienced this unacceptable incident at one of our restaurants. We take matters involving the health and safety of our guests and team members seriously. Accordingly, we immediately investigated and determined that an accident did occur in our kitchen.”

Read more:

© 2024 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content