GRANTS PASS, Ore. – The Josephine County Sheriff’s Office published the following list of evacuation levels in various areas of the county due to numerous wildfires:
Evacuation levels effective as of July 24 at 6:00 p.m.
- Level 3 – West Pickett Creek Road above 574 West Pickett Creek Road
- Level 3 – Shan Creek Road address above 989 Shan Creek Road
- Level 3 – Limpy Creek Road address above 333 Limpy Creek Road
- Level 3 – Oak Flat community at the end of Illinois River Road
- Level 2 – West Pickett Creek Rd from Pickett Crk to 574 West Pickett Crk Rd
- Level 2 – Shan Creek Road from Riverbanks Road to 989 Shan Creek Road
- Level 2 – Limpy Creek Road from Riverbanks Road to 333 Limpy Creek Road
- Level 2 – Pickett Creek Road, including secondary roads
- Level 2 – Dutcher Creek Road, including secondary roads
- Level 1 – Riverbanks Road between Limpy Creek Road and Pickett Creek Road including all secondary roads and streets
- Level 1 – All residences north of Redwood Hwy including residences located on Little Cheyenne Trail, Round Prairie, Minnow Lane, Fairview
Lane, Splendor Drive, Wonder Lane, Wild Raspberry Court, Newt Gulch Road, Waters Creek Road and private roads/driveways.
Due to the Taylor Creek wildfire, roadblocks have been established to prevent non-essential vehicle traffic from interfering with residents attempting to evacuate and emergency services vehicles engaged in firefighting activities.
Current road block locations:
- West Pickett Creek Rd at Pickett Creek Rd
- Shan Creek Rd at Riverbanks Rd
- Limpy Creek Rd at Riverbanks Rd
- Riverbanks Rd at US Hwy 199
- Lower River Rd at Riverbanks Rd and Pickett Creek Rd
- Briggs Valley Rd at US Hwy 199