Medford, Ore., — A fire on Griffin Creek Road in Medford near Phoenix left one woman injured, and an entire house destroyed Wednesday night.
Unfortunately we weren’t let up to the fire itself, but the homeowner did come down and speak to us and she said the fire started due to bad electrics in the house, it is very old, and was fully engulfed within minutes.
Three people were in the house at the time, Anne Billeter, her son and her sister. Her sister was injured due to smoke inhalation.
“She was up there trying to put it out, and was up there too long and got some smoke inhalation, she is at Rogue Regional right now and I need to go see her to see how she’s doing,” said Billeter.
Billeter says they lost practically everything, but neighbors have helped them out, by giving them some clothes.
The fire is under control now but crews are still working on it.
© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.