$100,000 settlement to former Klamath County deputy D.A.

Klamath Falls, Ore. – Klamath County has agreed to pay a deputy D.A. $100,000 to drop an unfair labor practices complaint.

Sharon Forster signed her resignation papers Thursday morning.

“We have come to agreement with Klamath County.”  Noted Forster.  “And I have officially resigned.”

The 14-year deputy D.A. threatened the county with a lawsuit in October.

Forster claimed the county and the D.A. has ‘retaliated’ against her, after Forster had made claims of sexual harassment against Sheriff Frank Skrah.

Forster accepted a $100,000 settlement from the county Wednesday, with the condition that she resign.

“It’s really not that much money considering what happened.”  Stated Forster.  “It’s not that much money at all.”

Klamath County District Attorney Rob Patridge commented:  “This settles anything related to the instances with Sharon and the county, and with me.”

Forster was one of seven deputy D.A.’s in Klamath County.

District Attorney Patridge says Forster will be difficult to replace…

“14 years of experience does not come easily.”

Forster says she hasn’t made any decisions about her future, but plans to stay in the county for now.

“I’m going to go home and sit down, and assess the future.”  Said Forster.  “And elections are coming up, and there’s a lot of options that I have out there.  We’ll see what happens.”

80% of the settlement will be paid by Klamath County, with the state paying the remaining 20%.

Klamath County Commissioner Tom Mallams says insurance will pay $40,000 of the county’s portion, with $40,000 covered by taxpayers.

© 2024 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.

Skip to content