Eagle Point, Ore.– Local firefighters want to remind you of the dangers of using space heaters in your home. Fire District Three Engineer Ian Kassab says space heaters are not manufactured to heat up a large area and can pose a serious threat if used improperly or left unmonitored.
Kassab says, “Residential heating sources are the second leading cause of residential fires. All it takes is for something to get in front of that heater to ignite a fire.”
Another serious risk, not having a smoke detector. According to Kassab, 51% of homes do not have a working smoke alarm or don’t have a smoke alarm in the house at all.
To get a smoke detector, you can call the Fire and Life Safety Division in White City at (541)826-7100.
© 2024 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.