Lucy Meiss and a few other volunteers from Southern Oregon drove down to Butte County on Thursday. The crew was organized by Kathi Williamson who took down dozens of items including toiletries, clothing, and hay.
Most residents left their homes with only what they could carry. Meiss said people are unsure of where to go.
“There are literally people out there being fed, people sleeping out on the lawn, tents everywhere, just in bushes, in the fields…all over the place,” said Meiss.
The crew dropped off the items at Wheeler Ranch and Feed in Biggs, a city in Butte County.
If you would like to help victims of the Camp Fire, here are some of the places you can donate:
- The Salvation Army
- United Way of Jackson County
- United Way of Northern California
- TriCounties Bank 2018 Camp Fire Fund (GoFundMe)
- North Valley Community Foundation
- East Avenue Community Church of the Nazarene (GoFundMe)
- Northern Valley Catholic Social Services
GoFundMe has created a full list of verified campaigns raising funds to help those impacted. To donate, click HERE