It’s the second incident of its kind in recent days.
Earlier this week, a Naples man suffered burns to his face and lungs when his e-cigarette exploded.
“The gentleman who witnessed it said it sounded like three M-80s went off in my pocket,” Randall Cales says.
Cales said when he heard and felt the burning sensation he didn’t realize it was the e-cigarette in his pocket that had exploded.
“I actually thought I was getting shot because of the burn and the sound,” he said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1M6eJCo
© 2023 KOBI-TV NBC5. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.