Firefighters contain an RV fire in White City, but can’t save the vehicle.
It happened on the 2600 block of Avenue A last night.
Firefighters say it’s a total loss. They were able to prevent the fire from spreading to a neighboring home just a few feet away. Investigators say the fire started inside the RV from an auxiliary heater leak near the bed. The heater was connected to a propane tank, which firefighters say is unsafe to use indoors.
“It’s a good reminder for everyone to think about auxiliary in houses. Sometimes we see these not only in RVs but in houses this time of year. Electricity can be really expensive and so we want people to use the proper heat,” Kelly Harrington a firefighter paramedic for Jackson County Fire District 3.
Jackson County Fire District 3 says their was no major injuries.
NBC5 News reporter Katie Streit comes from her hometown, Las Vegas. Katie went to the Hank Greenspun School of Journalism & Media Studies at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
While in Las Vegas, Katie won a Student Emmy for her coverage of the Las Vegas Shooting Anniversary. She also hosted and produced the university’s political news show, where she interviewed Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak and Congresswoman Dina Titus (NV-1). Her passion for politics turned into a coveted internship at the US Capitol in Washington D.C. In her final months working in the Las Vegas area, she was recognized for her journalism achievements by the Nevada Broadcaster’s Foundation.
Katie is excited to tell the stories of local Southern Oregonians and Northern Californians. Feel free to contact her at [email protected]