Medford house fire caused by butane honey oil explosion

housefire

Medford, Ore.- A house fire that rattled a Medford neighborhood Thursday morning was caused by a butane honey oil explosion. Butane honey oil is a marijuana derivative that looks like honey or wax. The process of making the BHO results in concentrated cannabinoids. It’s also highly volatile.

The fire started about 9:45 a.m. on Lawnridge St. in Medford. Neighbors reported hearing a boom, then seeing flames and smoke. When firefighters arrived, the house was engulfed in flames. Those flames had spread to a neighbor’s attic and near-by grasslands.

A person inside the home was burned. He was later flown to a Portland hospital for care.

Medford Police Department executed a search warrant on the home Thursday night after the debris had cooled down. Charges are pending in this case.

Leave a Comment:

Note: By commenting below you agree to abide by the KOBI5.com commenting guidelines. View the KOBI5.com Comment Board Guidelines »