In a letter sent from Oregon Governor Kate Brown to Curry County Commissioners the Governor lays out her goals for a “safe and strong Oregon.” These include:
- Minimize hospitalizations and deaths;
- Allow people to return to work so they can support themselves and their families;
- Minimize risk to frontline workers;
- Avoid overwhelming the health care system;
- Protect those at highest risk of severe illness, especially the elderly, those with underlying health conditions, and communities of color; and
- Support social/cultural/spiritual reopening for small groups that preserve community cohesion and cultural practices.
Phase One reopening comes with several guidelines aimed at preventing the COVID-19 virus from spreading unchecked through communities. The Governor warns that reopening comes with it’s own risks. She states that the Oregon Health Authority will be monitoring the spread of the virus in Curry County.
Jennifer Elliott anchors the primetime newscast FOX26 First News at Ten on NBC5’s partner station, KMVU/FOX26. She also reports for NBC5 News. Jennifer began her career at NBC5 News in 2011 as a production assistant. Raised in Southern Oregon, she studied voice and piano while attending South Medford High School. After graduating from Brigham Young University, she returned home and added organ playing to her musical repertoire. In addition to her musical talents, Jennifer is an award-winning artist. She has also co-hosted Southern Oregon’s Got Talent. Jennifer is married and the mother of three children who keep her busy and very happy.