rural.metro

Power line failure sparks grass fire

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Rural Metro Fire said a power line failure caused a grass fire along Meadowlark Lane on the northern end of Colonial Valley late Friday night. Rural Metro and ODF firefighters quickly put the fire out. The fire grew to approximately 1/10th …

First responders participate in extrication training

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — First responders in Grants Pass brushed up on their skills in training exercises Wednesday. Rural Metro Fire and American Medical Response gathered at Cascade Recycling for extrication training. First responders got hands-on experience going through what it’s like …

Car fire spreads to nearby BLM land

Josephine County, Ore.- A vehicle fire spread to BLM land in rural Josephine County Monday night. Rural Metro Fire was dispatched after someone called 911 reporting a Ford SUV had caught fire several miles up Granite Hill Rd.  According to Rural Metro …

Woman dies in Grants Pass house fire

Grants Pass, Ore. — According to Rural/Metro Fire, one person is dead after a house fire that took place Sunday afternoon. Firefighters say they responded to a house fire on the 200 block of Gordon Way in Grants Pass. Upon arrival, they …